Benefits of Joining the Vermont Lodging Association
The Vermont Lodging Association is the only statewide non-profit organization dedicated solely to Vermont’s licensed lodging industry. Join our community — a community, whose sole purpose is to help your Vermont lodging property succeed through advocacy, education and a little camaraderie along the way.
- The power of many: VLA gives a legislative voice to Vermont lodging operators. We’ve all experienced that cumbersome regulation or unreasonable proposed law that directly impacts our businesses. If you have single-handedly attempted to take on Montpelier or Washington, you know how exhausting it can be; not to mention, not very effective. VLA can help amplify your voice along side hundreds of others in your same boat. We work to effect the changes that matters to your business.
- Professional advocacy: VLA is committed to retaining a well-connected lobbying firm to advocate on behalf of our members on regulatory and other legislative issues that matter to our industry: Issues that impact you directly. Learn more about what our lobbying firm Downs Rachlin Martin (DRM) accomplished for you regarding Coronovirus grant relief in 2020.
- Provide testimony at the State House on issues like mandated sick pay, short term rental regulations, Covid relief funding and other critical issues that impact your business. Represent the lodging industry at the State Leadership Breakfast.
- Build our alliance with the Vermont Chamber of Commerce lobbying team to coordinate messaging and to get the word out on legislative issues that negatively impact your Vermont lodging property.
- A voice in the media: VLA serves as the spokesperson for the Vermont Lodging Industry ensuring that our issues are represented in the media.
- VLA works on your behalf to elevate our industry profile in the media and with our governmental leaders.
- Get involved to share your voice in matters including Coronovirus aid, proposed laws, licensing, building codes, tourism funding, etc.
- Benefit from continuing education programs relevant to the industry.
- Round tables segmented for specific property type and size needs. Swap knowledge and ask questions amongst properties just like yours.
- Member-to-Member Zoom events that provide a venue for sharing knowledge and concerns unique to our industry.
- Legacy VIBBA offerings targeted to small properties under 50 rooms:
- Annual educational events
- A dedicated, member-only Facebook Forum .
VLA’s growing membership across multiple property types, provides you with opportunities for networking, shared industry experiences and friendship. Join in on our online and in-person events.
- The Vermont Lodging Association will have an annual meeting in connection with the Vermont Tourism Summit. (Covid conditional, of course!)
- Member-to-Member Zoom events.
- Long Term, VLA is working to promote career opportunities within the industry.
- All VLA member properties have the opportunity to list their property on the VLA website. Member properties are searchable by amenities and geographic location. Showcase your property with a feature photo on your own web page and add in seasonal specials. Click here for instructions for updating your member listing.
- Long Term, VLA is working to provide members with tools to enrich their marketing platforms.
- VLA is networking on your behalf:
- by attending national and state association conferences
- by VLA board members sitting on the boards of Chambers of Commerces and other relevant associations at the national, state and local levels.
- VLA is working on your behalf to build relationships with other trade associations, industries and organizations that benefit lodging, and tourism to include:
- American Hotel & Lodging Association
- Vermont Chamber of Commerce
- Vermont Convention Bureau
- New England Inns & Resorts
- Association of Lodging Professionals
- Vermont Department of Tourism
- Efficiency Vermont
- Stay tuned. VLA is finalizing an official AHLA relationship which will result in funding, resources and discount programs.
Feel free to contact any of the board members or email membership@LodgingVT.com
We will be glad to talk to you about Vermont’s only organization dedicated to the Vermont lodging industry.