Benefits of Joining the Vermont Lodging Association
The Vermont Lodging Association is the only statewide non-profit organization dedicated solely to Vermont’s licensed lodging industry. Join our community whose sole purpose is to help Vermont lodging properties succeed through advocacy, education, and a little camaraderie along the way.
- The power of many: VLA amplifies the legislative voice of Vermont lodging operators. We work to effect the necessary changes that matter to your business.
- Professional advocacy: VLA retains Downs Rachlin Martin (DRM), a well-connected lobbying firm in Montpelier, to advocate on behalf of our members on regulatory and other legislative issues that matter to our industry. Learn more here about what VLA and DRM have accomplished for you.
- Provide testimony at the State House on issues like mandated sick pay, short-term rental regulations, funding, and other critical issues that impact your business.
- Build alliances within the Vermont business community and the Vermont Chamber of Commerce.
- A voice in the media: VLA serves as the spokesperson for the Vermont lodging industry.
Education & networking
- Benefit from continuing education programs relevant to the industry.
- Member-to-Member online events that provide a venue for sharing knowledge and concerns unique to our industry.
- Annual in-person educational events including its Annual Conference. This year’s conference will be held at Basin Harbor, September 12-14.
- A dedicated, member-only Facebook Forum.
- In-person regional Mixers.
- All VLA member properties have the opportunity to list their property on the VLA website. Member properties are searchable by amenities and geographic location. Click here for instructions for updating your member listing, including adding Seasonal Specials.
VLA is networking on your behalf:
- by attending national and state association conferences
- with presence on or access to the boards of Chambers of Commerces and other relevant associations at the national, state, and local levels, including:
- American Hotel & Lodging Association
- Vermont Chamber of Commerce
- Vermont Convention Bureau
- New England Inns & Resorts
- Association of Lodging Professionals
- Vermont Department of Tourism
- Efficiency Vermont