Snowdon Chalet Motel is an authentic 1960s motor inn with a mid-century modern Alpine-style twist. Snowdon Motel was built in 1962 to accommodate the state’s hundreds of ‘winter weekend residents’ from the growth of the skiing business in Vermont. Our little ski town makes you feel like you’re in the Swiss Alps minus the passport.
Located along Vermont Route 11 in Londonderry, Vermont, the motel is close to all the area has to offer for every season, from hiking, skiing, shopping, or just time to unplug and enjoy the fresh mountain air.
Close to 4 different Alpine Ski resorts, including Magic Mountain, Stratton, Bromley, and Okemo. Also close to Viking Nordic Center, The Vermont Country Store, Weston Priory, Kinhaven Music School, and Weston Theater.
Snowdon Chalet Motel is a cool little retro place to stay in Londonderry, Vermont.
Unlike all the chain hotels, this small, locally owned establishment boasts a unique Vermont vibe with only ten guest rooms. Find relaxation or get lost in the beauty of Vermont’s Green Mountains at Snowdon Chalet, where motel-style charm from the 1960’s still alive today.
- Park outside your door
- Seasonal BBQ Grill
- Picnic tables
- Outdoor seating areas
- Park-like setting on 5 acres
- Large Lawn area
- Perennial Flower Gardens
- Designated Smoking-Vaping Area out on the lawn
- Contactless Check-in
- Owners live on the property, so if you need anything, we’re here to help
- Downstairs rooms have a covered terrace stretching the length of the motel with benches and tables
- Upstairs rooms have a large covered balcony with retro patio furniture overlooking the front of the property and gardens
Our rooms have been given a fresh, comforting feel with new bedding sets, crisp sheets, and fluffy pillows. Additional highlights include a wall of East facing windows looking out on Vermont woodlands and feature light-limiting curtains. Enjoy the retro charm with a mid-century 1960s dresser with a built-in desk and a vintage seating area.
Whether staying for business or pleasure, you are sure to rest easy here at Snowdon Chalet Motel.
- Complimentary Wi-fi
- Coffee maker
- Air conditioning (window unit-seasonal)
- Energy Star 32 Inch Flat Screen Cable TV
- Belkin Surge Protector with USB outlets near the bed
- Complimentary Snowdon grab-and-go breakfast basket
- Desk Fan
- Surge protector with USB charging ports
- Recycle Bin
- Private 1960s bathroom with tub/shower combo, eco-friendly shampoo & soap
- Windows that open
- Storm Door for fresh Vermont breeze
- Retro furnishings
- ALL ROOMS and DECK AREAS are Smoke-Vape Free 🚭
The Snowdon Chalet Motel is independently owned and operated by a local couple who believes that guests come first. We strive to make your stay as enjoyable and relaxing as possible. We hope our attention to detail shines through every moment of your stay.